As the recent Garmin incident shows, Ransomware can significantly impact business operations of even the largest companies. As ransomware continues to be top of mind for organizations in an ever evolving threat landscape, the cost and impact can range from a disruption of your operations to businesses shuttering their doors forever.
One of the leaders in the ransomware threat space is a group known as Pinchy Spider (REvil/Sodnikibi). This group has quickly evolved to compromise organizations via multiple different methods including the supply chain which enables their infection, data gathering, encryption of systems and extortion without the victim even having to click on a link or open an attachment.
CrowdStrike and RiskIQ will discuss the evolution of both Ransomware attacks and the Pinchy Spider actor group; providing attendees with an understanding of the groups current Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and highlighting how organizations can use the combined visibility of both CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence and RiskIQ’s global internet collection to derive new actionable intelligence and better defend your organization.
What users will learn from this webinar:
– Highlevel intro to Ransomware
– Overview of the Pinchy Spider Actor group
– A broader understanding of how Pinchy Spider targets organizations
– How to leverage CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence to drive investigations
– How to use RiskIQ’s Global Internet data to expand on network based indicators to provide additional context and IOCs related to an actor group