Get ready to throw the ocean-themed party of your dreams with jellyfish paper lantern decorations. Here, we’re making the lime jellyfish as an example!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 7” Round Plates (Item # 9660007P):
– 8” Accordion Paper Lantern (Color: Lime, Item # 892320867):
– Narrow Poly Ribbon (Item # 44034010):
– Crepe Paper (2 Colors):
– Hot Glue Gun (Item # 9800H270):
Here’s how you can make these jellyfish decorations-
1) Create the tentacles and your jellyfish skirt by using strips of crepe paper. For best results, cut against the crepe paper grain!
Note: We created 6 jellyfish tentacles from each of our crepe paper colors, varying the width of each color. For the first color, we made 6, 1”x14” strips. For the second color, we made 6, 2” x 14” strips. For our final, jellyfish skirt, we made 1, 2” x 24” strip.
2) Give your tentacles a ruffled look by pinching and pulling the edges of your crepe paper strips. To do this, simply use your thumbs to gently fan out the edges of your crepe paper.
3) Create your jellyfish body using your paper plate, paper lantern, and hot glue. Attach the edge of your paper plate to your lantern edge.
4) Once your paper jellyfish body is formed, start hot gluing your crepe paper tentacles to the bottom of your paper plate and your crepe paper skirt around the perimeter.
5) Finally, finish by creating a small hang tab using your a small strip of narrow ribbon glued to the top of your jellyfish.
6) Hang, display your DIY jellyfish, and wow your guests!