Creative and valuable innovations is what Autocar does best. And, they manufacture the best in terminal tractor available in terms of safety, productivity, uptime and value. Don’t settle for the cramped, no-frills terminal tractor of the past that wear your operators out and leave them dreading their next shift. Autocar builds their tractors with your operators in mind to ensure they’re productive, have a good experience, and come back strong the next day. We start with the roomiest spotter cab on the market and throw in smart ergonomics, safer ingress/egress, along with numerous comfort features to let your operators focus on the job. Each truck features huge operator space to get in and out comfortably, the tallest and widest door openings, more glass and fewer blind spots, premium cab suspension systems, extra powerful AC systems, easy effort steering, the tightest turning radius, and the most heavy-duty construction available.
• Autocar spotters are available in both Single and Tandem Axle, DOT and Non-DOT models.
• Autocar features the largest cab in the industry. The overall head room, belly room and door to door room is unmatched to any other spotter.
• The cab’s 360 degree viewing area improves visibility and reduces the potential for accidents.
• Driver’s side door allows for quick exit in the event of an emergency .
• The cab is fully immersed in an E-coating to prevent corrosion along with an industry leading warranty on the cab.
• The hydraulically operated tilt cab provides greatest accessibility and makes servicing extremely easy. The emission system is also easily accessible for servicing.
• All Autocars feature Cummins engines and Allison transmissions which provide proven technology along with a broad service network.
• The heavy duty front axle has a 14,700 lb. rating which surpasses both Kalmar and Capacity spotters.
• The heavy duty, fully fabricated one piece frame is 13” high x 3/8” thick. This is more than 1200 lbs. of additional constructed steel versus similar competitors’ models.
• The boxed in rear-frame section between rear axle, boom lift cylinder mounting, and frame assembly improves structural rigidity and distributes the load throughout the entire frame.
• 5” hydraulic cylinders versus 4” cylinders on the competitors’ models.
• Heavy duty top and bottom spherical cylinder bearings to improve durability and lift capacity.
• Lower cab-mounted, rear facing work lights to improve visibility during low light conditions.
• Heated mirrors, with right hand motorized controls.
• Double-blink strobe lights on DOT models in case of roadside emergency.
• Trailer stops to prevent cab damage and driver injury.
• The muffler bracket protects exhaust stack and is substantially more durable.
Lastly, Autocar has the best support in the industry, offering 24-hour solutions and tech support for anything on your spotter. Rest assured, you will be taken care of well! Contact your nearest Jim Hawk Truck Trailers or check us out at www.jhtt.com for full details on all Autocar spotters offered.