FOCUS: Breath / Pranayama
This nourishing class opens with gentle, slow, therapeutic movement, sometimes including myofascial release work, before dropping into stillness with Restorative poses for the duration of the session. Restorative yoga is a receptive practice, with long-held poses, focused on calming the body’s nervous system.
Suitable for all levels, and a great way to rejuvenate mind and body mid-week. Dress in comfy layers.
For this practice, please gather the following:
• a chair (alternatives: ottoman, couch, coffee table, or something you can lay your legs upon when lying on your back on the floor)
• 3-4 firm blankets (alt: large bath towels)
• 1 yoga block (alt: a stack of books)
• 2 hand towels
• a thin pillow for your head
• optional bonuses for Restorative portion:
-> eye pillow/cover (alt: a hand towel, sock, or bandana)
-> DIY sandbag, such as a sealed bag of beans, rice, or sugar
-> essential oils or ambient music that soothes you